Microsoft has decided to drop support for their older web browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and 10. What does this mean for Dozuki clients? If you and your associates use Internet Explorer, you must upgrade to IE 11 as soon as possible. Starting Tuesday, January 12, 2016, Microsoft will only provide IE 11 with technical support and security updates. As an alternative for Dozuki clients, we are excited to support Edge, Microsoft’s new browser included in Windows 10.
Updating Your Web Browser:
- Starting January 12, 2016 only IE 11—the most current version—will receive technical support and security updates
- Older IE versions will be vulnerable to malware
- Enterprise customers can upgrade to IE 11 by contacting their Microsoft sales representative
- Small to medium businesses and home PC users can upgrade to IE 11 automatically by using Automatic Updates
Dozuki Continues to Support These Web Browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer 12)
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
Microsoft’s official statement:
Beginning January 12, 2016, only the most current version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical supports and security updates. Internet Explorer 11 is the last version of Internet Explorer, and will continue to receive security updates, compatibility fixes, and technical support on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
— Microsoft IE Team
There are a number of tools available to support legacy web applications. Contact your Dozuki Account Manager for assistance and read Microsoft’s in-depth explanation to best prepare for the change.