Equipment failure is a known evil in the manufacturing world. But unplanned downtime carries a significant cost and hurts overall performance. This week Brian sits down with Alek Zelnins, a Maintenance Manager at Gay Lea Foods, to share his tactics and tools to improve performance and prevent equipment failure on the frontline.
In this episode, learn:
- How to adapt material from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to create training and maintenance programs for new machines
- The three most common sources of equipment failure
- How operators are essential to good preventative maintenance (PM) programs
- Why employee training is so important for preventative maintenance
- How technology will impact the future of machine maintenance (spoiler: people are still essential)